You know I am all about off the beaten path and may be you know as well that Iceland is the last country in Europe I have not been to yet! So there we go…. February 2020 it is! A winter trip to Iceland ticking off another thing from my bucketlist: seeing the Northern Lights and you can join!
Availability is limited but there is still some places available, send me a message on Instagram @traveltomtom!
Dates: 26th of February to the 1st of March 2020 - 5 days/4 nights.
Quickly something about the company who is organizing the Iceland in Winter group trip: Eco Companion. I met Max two years ago in London. He is the founder of this eco tourism company who will also personally lead this winter trip in Iceland. I liked his insatiable passion for travel and eco tourism.
Responsible tourism is his biggest passion and that is the idea behind Eco Companion: ‘Travel is good for you, we make sure it is good for the planet too’.
5 Days surrounded by Traveltomtom
Yes, I will be on the trip with you, traveling together with another 10 or so explorers that are willing to see the Northern Light in Iceland February 26th to March 1st 2020. For me this will be just as much an adventure as it will be for you.
When Max invited me to join the Iceland in Winter group trip I was of course hooked and he asked to spread the word. So if you always wanted to travel with me now here is your chance! But that means you gotta hang out with me 5 days / 4 nights… no escaping possible in the wilderness in Iceland! LOL
Itinerary Iceland in winter group trip
Day 1: Arrival (26/02/20)
- Meet up at the Reykjavik Airport and head on to Base Camp via private transfer.
- Visit the amazing Lava Centre (a few minutes walk from Base Camp).
- First Icelandic dinner.
- First chance right away to see the northern lights. Every night if there's a chance, we'll take it.
- Watch the Northern Lights from a hot tub. Base Camp has a rooftop with a hot tub, so you can use this unique opportunity as well.
Day 2: South Coast and glacier walking (27/02/20)
- Breakfast buffet at Base Camp.
- Explore the South of Iceland: Skógafoss waterfall, Seljalandsfoss waterfall (the one that you can walk behind), black sand beach, Vík, Reynisfjara and Dyrhólaey.
- Strap on crampons and walk across the Sólheimajökull glacier.
- Late afternoon sauna time for those who are up for it. Close to Base Camp.
- Dinner at Base Camp Restaurant
- Go out on a night time expedition find the Northern Lights
Day 3: Þórsmörk or Eyjafjallajökull super jeep exploration (28/02/20)
- Explore the valley of the Thunder God Thor, Þórsmörk - All of today is exploring parts of Iceland no traveller can achieve without trained local guides.
- Getting around volcano Eyjafjallajökull and also visiting the outlet glacier Gígjökull where the massive 2010 eruption originally occurred.
- Hiking around Þórsmörk.
- Dinner at the Base Camp Restaurant.
- Every night Northern Light night! Because of the remote location of Base Camp there are much more chances of seeing Aurora Borealis.
Day 4: Open day and on to Reykjavik for final dinner (29/02/20)
- Last breakfast at the remote Base Camp and packing.
- Either hike to Reykjadalur, the geothermal area with hot springs or the Þjórsárdalur valley depending on the weather conditions.
- Private transfer to Kex Hostel in Reykjavik city centre.
- Final group dinner in Reykjavik and night out in the cosy pubs in the capital of Iceland.
Day 5: Exploring Reykjavik and Departure (01/03/20)
- Breakfast at Kex Hostel
- Free day exploring in Reykjavik
- We'll then all meet back at Kex Hostel at 17:00 to head on to Keflavik Airport via private transfer and say our fond fair wells!
Iceland winter trip highlights:
- Northern Ligths: of course that is one of the goals to find. February is the best month and there will be 4 separate opportunities to catch a glimpse of it.
- Off the beaten path: expeditions led by local private guides to remote locations for the best Iceland in winter experience.
- Get up close and personal with Eyjafjallajökull volcano, the one that erupted a couple years ago and created the majestic ash cloud.
- South coast waterfalls: Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
- The instagram famous black sand beach: Reynisfjara.
- Ice-walking: Cross the Sólheimajökull Glacier on foot.
This particular Iceland In Winter group trip is an Eco Companion special group adventure and only available for 7-16 travelers. This trip is perfect for anyone looking to avoid cramped coach travel and instead, discover a more pristine untouched side of the country!
Perfect for solo travelers
This could be your first solo traveling experience. Join this group trip and find out how much fin it is to share amazing travel experiences with a stranger. The human connection of solo travelers is something fabulous to experience.
Join us from 26th of February to the 1st of March 2020.
Price Iceland Winter Group trip
Apart from airfare to Iceland and the last group dinner in Reykjavik everything is included: £1,499. Click below on the link for all the info what to expect from Eco Companion for this group trip to Iceland in winter.
A deposit of £199 GBP is required to make a booking. Go to the 'book now' button on the Eco Companion website or make an enquiry through Instagram @traveltomtom to ask any questions you might still have.
Looking forward meeting you!